How to Sanitize Kitchen Utensils and Equipment
In the kitchen you may find it necessary to sanitize the utensils and equipment for certain preparations such as yogurt or before working with ready-to-eat food or after you have worked with raw meat.
Kitchen utensils must already be cleaned with mild soap and water, and have food particles removed before using this procedure. Bacteria deposit in food residue and its removal is necessary before sanitizing kitchen utensils and equipment.
You will need:
1 Pot, large (8-10 Qt)
Kitchen utensils and equipment (bowls, spoons, measuring cups, etc.)
1. Fill the pot with water to about to half way to ¾ full.
2. Bring the water to boiling temperature (212 degrees Fahrenheit or 100 degrees Celsius)
3. Immerse each utensil completely a few at a time and allow to boil for 30 seconds.
4. Remove the hot utensils using tongs.
5. Allow the water on the utensils and equipment to evaporate before use.