Wusthof Ikon Blackwood 8″ Chef’s Knife
A detailed look at the specs of Wusthof Ikon Blackwood 8″ Chef’s Knife.
See the best selection and prices on Wusthof Cutlery
• Forged from one piece of specially tempered high carbon steel to ensure outstanding strength
• Handle is made Grenadill African Blackwood, one of the hardest types of wood in the world
• Forged from one piece of X50CrMoV15 stainless steel, triple riveted handle with double bolster
• PEtec edge technology offers superior sharpness resulting in a 14° blade angle; 58 Rockwell Hardness
• The dark brown hues with distinctive wood grain markings make every knife unique
• Made in Solingen, Germany with a lifetime warranty
The Wusthof Ikon Blackwood Chef’s Knife is perfect for virtually any cutting task while you’re cooking in the kitchen. The super sharp blade makes every task easy, whether you’re chopping, dicing, mincing or slicing. The sharp blade along with the strong, comfortable handle makes each task effortless. African Blackwood is harvested in the northern provinces of Mozambique. The high quality of the wood in this region is suitable for musical instrument manufacture. Best timber is used to make clarinets, oboes and bagpipes for musicians around the world.
The quantity of supply is controlled through government regulations. African Blackwood is a slow growing tree that regenerates from root suckers and stumps. Mature trees grow as simple individuals within the savannah. At the beginning of the year, the forestry authorities of the provinces where Blackwood occurs, receive instructions from Central Government about the quantity of Blackwood that can be cut in that year.
The new Wusthof PEtec edge technology offers superior sharpness. The blade is measured before sharpening using lasers and computers calculate the precise sharpening angle. Precision robots sharpen the blade on a whetstone following a final polish using a special disc. The cutting edge produced by a knife using the PEtec process is extremely thin, this is what produces the exceptional sharpness. The benefits of the PEtec edge provide extremely high initial cutting performance with exceptionally long edge retention and long life of the blade. The quality of forged Wusthof knives produced using the PEtec process is significantly higher than that produced by the standard manual sharpening process. Made in Solingen, Germany with a lifetime warranty.